Pages

Thursday 13 August 2020

My Speech

 My speech topic is tsunami.

I choose this topic because I am interested in this topic.

When I presented my speech I felt as scared as a mouse.

What I did well was expression.

What I could have done better was ........... Be LOUDER 

Here is my speech:

Why are tsunamis so dangerous? A tsunami is a big wave that is caused by an earthquake big enough to make the waves wobble and shake to make a bigger WAVE.

Tsunamis are dangerous because they are big waves that you see from the shore of an ocean. TIP if you want to know when a tsunami is coming then put your finger in the water and see if the water is going down. If you see the water rushing out to sea you know a tsunami is coming. I believe that tsunamis are dangerous.  Here are my 3 reasons why.

Firstly, Tsunamis are dangerous because you can drown and get pushed down to the bottom of the sea. The water comes rushing in at you then that is when you start to drown and go further and further from the surface.

Secondly, Tsunamis can knock over any tall tower. Even towers bigger than the tsunami can get knocked over. The pressure of the water can damage the bottom of a tower and make it crumble.   

Finally,  It can suck things in like cars and trucks and big trees. These heavy things can swirl around in the water like toys in a bathtub. It could crush you in the water.

If you see the water rushing out and the shore line becoming bigger then run to find higher ground like a hill or a mountain ( obviously they’re bigger than it ). Remember Tsunamis are dangerous.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome speech babe!!! Proud of you for standing up and doing your best. XX
    Mum

    ReplyDelete